Surf Sistas Womens Surf & Fitness Program [AOTEAROA SURF]
Learn to surf, build ocean confidence and have fun with the girls!
Get out on the water consistently and learn to surf with our Surf Sistas girls only surfing club.
Dates of this 4-week Program: Saturday, 31 Oct, 7, 14, 21 Nov 2020
The Surf Sistas Club is a designed as an ongoing weekly surfing program for all women of all ages and stages to learn to surf, progress week on week and build more confidence in the ocean. This 4 week program runs every Monday 11.00am – 12.30pm or Saturdays 9.30am – 11am based at Te Arai or Forestry Beach. 3 dedicated, qualified and experienced coaches (more if numbers require).
All surfboards and wetsuits are provided or you can bring your own! The day before we email you letting you know what beach we will be meeting at and education for the week!
- Beach awareness, understanding the wind and waves, oceans and tides & staying safe at the beach.
- Surfboard design and use, sea entry and correct surfboard handling.
- Catching waves with correct body and hand position, stopping your surfboard.
- Catching waves with paddling, learning the pop up to stand technique.
- Standing surfing position and riding a wave for as long as possible.
- Better paddling techniques for speed and efficiency.
- Getting out past breaking waves.
- Reading waves and understanding the different types of waves, what to catch, when to and why.
- Catching the unbroken wave.
- Timing & Take offs.
- Frontside / backside turns and riding down the face of the wave.
Returning Surf Sistas: Don’t forget to use your returning club member discount code for a 10% discount. Please contact us if you have lost this. any questions regarding this.)
$249 / every 4 weeks
4 Week Program | 1.5 Hours
We loooooove showcasing epic adventures run in NZ, by amazing businesses. We do our best to ensure all information included in this listing is accurate at the time of listing. She Adventures is not responsible for running this adventure in any way. For full up to date information about this adventure, please contact the host.